Day 22! Just published yesterday’s notes and another backlog post. Today, I’m going to start with the cookbook. Like always 50 pages is my goal.
What’s funny / interesting is that I see that I’m soon starting with an other project but I’m a lot more excited to write the business logic / domain layer than doing much with Symfony itself. Nonetheless, I wanted to learn it!
Assetic for Asset management. Pretty neat, you can integrate all kinds of tools from minifying to optimizing pictures.
Installing 3th party bundles:
- Add to composer
- Add to AppKernel
- Do some configuration (optional)
Pretty cool and easy!
Growing a Language by Guy Steele
The first 10 minutes seems strange but they are important. A great format for this kind of talk!
- Learn Symfony2
- Learn a bit more about MySQL
- Write at least one web app using Symfony2 and its core components (templating, testing, forms, validation, security)
- Watch one video per day on average
- Read Symfony The Cookbook for Symfony [68 of 446 pages]
- Watch one video per day on average [53 of 75]