Two good things combined, David Kelly of IDEO and Peter Robinson:
- A lot of problems need to be reframed
- Prototyping helps people criticize an idea
Moving the Web to the client
- “We forgot that HTTP is an application protocol not just a transportation protocol”
- “There’s no difference between your web application and your API”
I talked about this before but I think that’s decoupling the backend from the frontend is the right way to do it. It rendering in the browser with JS was a problem in the past but for most cases it seems pretty solid.
It makes everything so much easier that’s what I love. The frontend isn’t depended on the API anymore and vice versa.
Want to write a mobile app? – just use the API. Want to open it up? – just open the API. Want to write a new frontend? – no need to hack around in the backend.
The next 20 minutes are a short intro into Angular.js which was pretty interesting.
I have to say that I really like the Dev Day talks. They are pretty down to earth and the quality of pretty good!
- Learn Symfony2
- Learn a bit more about MySQL
- Write at least one web app using Symfony2 and its core components (templating, testing, forms, validation, security)
- Watch one video per day on average
- Watch one video per day on average [57 of 75]