Top Ten: Signs You Are A Great Analyst
- Used more than one WA tool extensively
- You inform yourself everyday about WA
- You look at the website first
- Your approach is Customer Centric
- Understand how data is collected
- You are comfortable in the quantitative and qualitative world
- You are curious and don’t have problems with challenges
- You can adjust your talk to your audience
- You don’t neglect the big picture and be able to communicate difficult concepts
- You do more than just what are you told to
- You have patience with people adopting the “new” mindset
How Should Web Analysts Spend Their Day?
- 20% Reporting
- 20% Analyze Acquisition Strategies
- 20% Understanding On-site Customer Experience
- 20% Staying Plugged into the Context
- 10% Explore New Strategic Options
- 10% Bathroom breaks, oh and lunch!
Hiring? What Works: Fresh blood or old hands? Experience or Novicity?
- The web moves at a rapid pace, everything new is old quickly. So what counts?
- You actually get the web
- You are a inherently flexible being
- Change will not kill you
- You are a critical thinker
I Wish I’d Known That. [Digital Analytics Edition.]
- An obsession with tools & implementations will kill you
- Your analytics skills aren’t the most important
- Obsess about Outcomes
- Be pragmatic
- Be agile, try new stuff
- It takes a long time to get great