So, I posted every day for the last 6 months. Starting with my post I decided to start again:
Yup, this will happen. I try to post one post each day. Could be about anything. I just want to write again. I just don’t care anymore. I’m not trying to build some great one topic blog. I will write about whatever I want to write. You may read it or not. Action!
And I did it. I thought about changing it up. Let’s take a look at the stats. I’ve written 184 articles since then with about 80 – 100k words in total (which is about as much as a book). My solutions to the Algorithm Design Manual still generates the majority of the traffic of this blog.
Some of the more successful blog post I’ve written in this time were:
- Core Values of the Fortune 500 companies (April 13th, Sunday project)
- Setting up a VPS on youserver.se (May 10th, Evening project)
- Bottle, Flup, and lighthttpd (May 19th, Problem related to project)
- Weka for noobs (May 14th, Problem related to project)
- How to get catchy & good business names ideas (April 21th, reused comment /sidenote: A lot of people actually search for names for dog businesses which I used in this as an example)
Also other articles about:
- Using the Web Audio API which resulted into a big project (with over 50k visitors per month)
- Writing Reddit bots
- Article about storyline.io
- More Flup
If you look at these posts you see that they are all some kind of project – with a few expectations – technical ones.
In the week I transferred some of my really old blog posts to this blog – or rather those which were archived. And I remember how much fun it was to write those. And this made me thing about changing my blog a bit.
I have a bit of a backlog which I will clear out over the time but for the future I can imagine pretty much the same as now but without the filler content. That means,
- Doing book exercises
- Write short workarounds, tutorials or hacks if I have a problem for which there was clear no solution
- Book summaries / notes with commentary
- Writing about projects
- Some thoughts / observations
This stuff takes me some time therefore I will reduce the posting frequency because splitting I don’t like splitting posts up in multiple smaller posts. I also have tons of notes on books from 2013. I think it wouldn’t be bad if I would dump those – just for the sake of completeness. Also I have an other batch of book exercises. I want to post at least once a week. I think that it will be higher on average. Great, let’s see how that works!